Re: pkgsrc-2011Q2 NetBSD 5.0.2/i386 2011-08-14 13:15

 >> > pkgtools/nih                                 vle%gmx.net@localhost
 >>   pkg_add: Error: package `nih-0.7.2' was built with a newer pkg_install
 >> version
 >>   pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
 >>
 >> It looks like bootstrap archive used in pbulk needs to be updated.

> Welcome to the pkg_install handling on NetBSD base.

Could you please explain why nih fails in pbulk?
Your recent clang bulk build has the same problem.

P.S.  If I were a person responsible for pkg_install in base, I'd remove
it from there completely. If its initial purpose was to install packages
from NetBSD repositories without downloading pkgsrc tree, we can write a
script for downloading pkg_install binary package, unpack it and
initialize pkgdb, then use pkg_* tools from /usr/pkg just like users
under all other systems do.
For non-NetBSD repositories such script can be a part of the repository
(ftp -o - url | sh).

Alternatively pkgsrc can easily be bootstrapped as usual.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.