Re: Making DESTDIR support mandatory

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:12:00 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:02:25PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
>2. `make install' will not create binary package in ${PACAKGES},
>     but with `make package' or `make package-install'.

Take 2.
* "make stage-instlal" & "make install" will work as expected, but "make
install" directly
   result in trying to install binary package twice
* try to create ${STAGE_PKGFILE} bit aggressively.

I consider this a regression and I am sure I am not alone.

Does "regression" means against current tree, or the previous patch?

Previous patch have many other problems (temporary package will be created as
root permission,
re-stage-install after "install-clean" will fail, and so on).

I'll not commit this patch, just WIP record (and want help from someone).
I want to change (and keep for default setting users) the behavior before
2011Q2 branch.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost