Re: devel/boost-libs PLIST issue on SunOS

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Tim Zingelman <tez%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 12:44 PM, iMil <imil%home.imil.net@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> devel/boost-libs is failing on OI because of missing entries on the PLIST,
>> can someone test it under SunOS < 5.11 and comfirm it happens too before i
>> commit a PLIST.SunOS please ?
>>

> On SunOS 5.10 with gcc44 those c99l & tr1l libs are apparently not
> built... I need to do some looking to see if that can be fixed... I'm
> just returning from holiday so it will be a little while before I
> catch up.  It looks like perhaps the only OS where they are built now
> is Darwin (and OI.)

I must retract the above statement.  The current version builds these
libs for me now, so I see the PLIST problem without your proposed
change.
 SunOS 5.10 Generic_144488-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 Solaris
 pkgsrc gcc 4.4.4

Regarding the fix, I think it would be better to remove PLIST.Darwin &
PLIST.DragonFly & PLIST.Linux and replace them with PLIST.long (or
some other name)
and then in the Makefile set PLIST_SRC+= PLIST and conditionally set
PLIST_SRC+= PLIST.long, since each of the OS specific PLIST files
contain the same list of files.
This way if it turns out the build of those libs if dependent upon
more than just the OS (the compiler for instance) the more complex
logic can be added to the Makefile.

Thanks,

 - Tim