pkgsrc support to PackageKit

Hi,

Unfortunately I failed my Gsoc by missing the deadline. But I'm motivated for
doing the project anyway.

The Thread where we spoke about the project :

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2011/03/27/msg006874.html

In summary, the final goal is to write a backend for PackageKit which
communicate with pkgsrc and make the possibility to use pkgsrc throw PackageKit.
PackageKit is an abstract layer for package manager. Its goal is to unify all
package manager (GUI or CLI).
It uses "backends" for communicate with the package manager. The backend matchs
PackageKit commands and package manager functions.

To make easier the backend writing, I want to write a basic API for pkgsrc.
This API will reproduce the essentials of pkgsrc operations and some useful
features like listings of available/installed/outdated packages, security
information etc

For now main outstanding questions are :

- The API's language.
In first I choose Python but jmmv said that it could be better to write the API
in C for using it directly in the system.
It's not a problem for me to use C, but I will be faster in Python.

- Using pkgin
To manage binary package, pkgin is the good way, because it has already some
interesting features to manage dependancies.
Moreover I begun to write an API (Python for now).

I'm waiting your feedback

Best regards,
Sylvain