pkgsrc for unknown MIPS-based Linux host?

OK, a slightly wierd situation ... I have a Topfield 7100D+ PVR unit
which appears to be based on a MIPS CPU of unknown type and is running a
Linux version of BusyBox.

As it happens, I can telnet to the unit and log in as root without a
password, which has gotten me wondering how feasible it would be to
somehow obtain binaries which would run in that environment to play with
it a bit - ideally this would be Perl ...

I don't know a huge amount about the CPU, however uname reports the
following:

# uname -a
Linux (none) 2.6.18-7.1 #49 SMP Mon May 10 11:54:01 KST 2010 7405b0-smp
unknown

unfortunately, dmesg produces no output at all.

So, considering I only have NetBSD based hosts at home, what information
do I need to locate in order to successfully cross-compile MIPS pkgsrc
packages for this platform?

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left