Re: clang support

> 4. More Autoconf
>
> Worse than 3., cross/avr-{gcc,binutils} not only have broken configure
> scripts, but also insist on autoconf 2.59. Any auto* experts around knowing
> how to fix this?
OK, this turned out to be an issue different from 3.
The libiberty configure script goes into great lengths finding the correct
value for ac_c_preproc_warn_flag and afterwards unconditionally sets it to
true. Setting CC=clang -Qunused-arguments helps (setting CFLAGS doesn't help
because they are overridden in the pkgsrc Makefile -- why?).
It still doesn't build, but I will continue working on it.