Re: graphics/jpeg Vs graphics/libjpeg-turbo

On 12/13/10 02:07, Greg Troxel wrote:
david.sainty%dtsp.co.nz@localhost writes:

One typical solution is something like a mk/jpeg.mk file.  I count at
least 189 .include "../../graphics/jpeg/buildlink3.mk" lines that
would need to be edited.
Without really thinking, that sounds like the right way to go.
Whether it's in graphics/jpeg/jpeg.mk or in mk probably doesn't matter
too much (but I suggest surveying existing practice).

I intend running and committing this over the Pkgsrc tree soon. I have already done so locally and successfully built my world on NetBSD with JPEG_DEFAULT=libjpeg-turbo

I have not had any problems at all.

I have also done an audit of Pkgsrc, and I believe I've already dealt with the few places requiring special treatment.

#!/bin/sh
for d in */*; do
  [ -d "$d" ] || continue
  for i in "$d/"Makefile* "$d/"*.mk; do
    case "$i" in *.orig|*"*"*) continue;; esac
    out="$d/x"
    sed -e 's;graphics/jpeg/buildlink3\.mk;mk/jpeg.buildlink3.mk;g' \
        -e 's;BUILDLINK_PREFIX\.jpeg;JPEGBASE;g' \
    if cmp -s "$i" "$out"; then
      rm -f "$out"
    else
      echo "Edited $i"