Re: gtar-base failure as root

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, Greg Troxel wrote:

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 08:24:47AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
a) I know standard advice is not to use root but b) pkg_install into the
system has to

pkg_install doesn't run configure.

sorry, I meant that one has to run pkg_install as root.

and so that's where the trojan would be

Not if it's a distfile trojan.

I meant if one were to trojan a distfile, then the best place to put it
is a step that has to be run privileged.

and c) it ought to work.

Have you tried setting the environment variable? If it works, you can
add it to the pkgsrc Makefile.

No, I built a package unprived and that worked.

I wonder how upstream would react to the bug report...

Is this a general issuein new autoconf, or a point issue in gtar?

I haven't seen this before.

OK, thanks.

This make things inconvenient for running pkg_rolling-replace, doesn't
it?

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost