Re: USE_DESTDIR (Was: Making it easier to get and use pkgsrc)

On 11 December 2010 23:59, David Holland
<dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 08:14:26PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> Â> - Default to DEPENDS_TARGET=package-install and
> Â> UPDATE_TARGET=package-install
>
> as pointed out already, this is wrong. (and we can't switch to
> USE_DESTDIR by default, btw, until someone fixes undo-replace. See PR
> 43689.)

I could be missing something very obvious here, apologies if so:

What about defaulting 'make replace' and 'make undo-replace' to unsetting
USE_DESTDIR? That could get everyone onto USE_DESTDIR by default.
I know its not ideal, but we've been blocked on enabling USE_DESTDIR
for a while now and this could be a solution, albeit not an ideal one.