Re: Fortran support

Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost> writes:

> Have we come to some sort of consensus on what should be contemporary
> Fortran compiler nowadays, "g95" or "gfortran"? We have support for it
> almost in place for about a quarter, now it's time to make a decision.
>
> If noone speaks up with any reasonable arguments, I'll make conservative step
> and make "g95" the default.

I have no objections, but I don't understand enough about what you're
proposing.  I would expect that we currently have several fortran
compilers in tree, and that there are several flavors of fortran (which
probably should be viewed as different languages).

Are you talking about the mapping from USE_LANGUAGES to packages, and
specifically what the default is if the user doesn't express it?

Could you explain a bit more how things are and what if anything you are
proposing to change?