Re: py-gobject & py-gobject-shared, split again or merge?

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 09:59:26PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> py-gobject-shared package was split off from py-gobject package.
> It was comprised of Python version independent but conflict files,

Yes, at a time when the default version of Python wasn't supported by
many Gnome packages any longer, IIRC.

> Or should py-gobject-shared be merged in py-gobject again?

I'm not sure if it is helpful nowadays as pbulk is a lot smarter than
mk/bulk in this regard and allows building the different versions. That
was the primary motivation at the time.

Joerg