Perl gdbm support

It appears to me that pkgsrc Perl is built without gdbm sopport, i.e., lacks
GDBM_File.

I tried to add an option to the pkgsrc Makefile:

.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mgdbm)
.include "../../databases/gdbm/buildlink3.mk"
LIBSWANTED+=  gdbm
.endif

as without the LIBSWANTED line it doesn't find gdbm_open but with it it fails
with:

Checking your choice of C compiler and flags for coherency...
I've tried to compile and run the following simple program:

#include <stdio.h>
int main() { printf("Ok\n"); return(0); }

I used the command:

        cc -o try -O2 -pthread -I/usr/include -I/usr/pkg/include
-fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/usr/pkg/include
-fstack-protector -L/usr/pkg/lib try.c -lm -lcrypt -lgdbm -lpthread
         ./try

and I got the following output:

Shared object "libgdbm.so.3" not found
The program compiled OK, but exited with status 1.
You have a problem.  Shall I abort Configure [y]
Ok.  Stopping Configure.