Re: make replace

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 09:58:09AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> First, there are large classes of inconsistencies that I think we
>> actually do have agreement are unwanted.  The we-all-agree-is-bad list
>> has things like:
>>
> [cut]
>>
>>   package A thinks it requires B, but registry of B does not show that A
>>   depends on it
> [cut]
>
> This is the specific property that the intended "make replace" behavior
> violates.

Sorry, what I meant was the dangling dependency reference where a
package that isn't installed is listed in +REQUIRED_BY.  That causes
pkg_delete to fail, and pkg_admin rebuild-tree fixes it.

The fact that libgtop has osabi-NetBSD-5.1_RC3 under requires is not a
problem if RC4 is installed and RC4 thinks it is required by libgtop.  I
meant my case above to be about dangling pointers that cause pkg_delete
to fail.