Re: [drochner%netbsd.org@localhost: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk]

> Are you sure that this doesn't create a serious regression for things
> like Apache?

You are right, apache is likely a problem (but only apache-1).
I'm pretty sure that only few more if at all pkgs can be affected but
I'll back this out for now and bring this up again after the freeze.

> Linking against libpthread is reasonable cheap

While the memory footprint is just about 64k there are cases where
unvoluntary linking against libpthread is not welcome. libpthread
messes up the stack layout, and breaks sigaltstack/SA_ONSTACK. Not
important for plain applications but for virtual machine and g/c
implementations.
Also, postgresql insists in not being linked against libpthread
which requires backwards flags in the pkgs.

Unfortunately just changing the default in dlopen.mk doesn't
work because defining of DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREADS to yes in
pkg Makefiles wouldn't work as expected: It would pull in
libpthread on all platforms, not just on those affected by the bug.
This needs to be fixed, but after the freeze.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt