Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk/flavor/pkg

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:34:00AM +0200, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> On the other hand, I don't think sprinkling -f on the problem is the
> right fix either.

It is not the right fix. From the recent feedback in #pkgsrc, I am
starting to wonder if the change was tested at all, given the rather
obvious breakage it creates.

> The osabi dummy package itself seems to me like a rather kludgy solution
> to a subset of a difficult problem. From the perspective of updating
> it causes more problems than it solves. Besides, when you try to install
> a package build for a different OS release you already get a warning
> from the tools.

osabi itself is OK. I am starting to wonder if the forced dependency is
needed at all -- at least pkg_rr should handle it correctly without
that.

Joerg