Re: Mac OS X Snow Leopard and "imake"

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Matthias Scheler
<tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

>        Hello,
>
> packages requiring "imake" can still not be built under Mac OS X 10.6,
> Snow Leopard. The problem is caused by the fact that 10.6 provides
> X.org in the base system but doesn't provide "imake":
>
> ===> Configuring for tightvncviewer-1.3.10nb2
> => Checking for portability problems in extracted files
> imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/pkg/lib/X11/config -I/usr/X11/lib/X11/config
> /tmp/objdir/net/tightvncviewer/work.excalibur/.tools/bin/imake: line 5:
> /usr/X11/bin/imake: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 127
>
> Manually installing "imake" will fix the problem but is not a good
> solution. I'm especially wondering how to make sure that "imake"
> gets installed before "pkgsrc/mk/buildlink3/imake-check.mk" is used.
>
> Any advise would be very welcome.

The problem seems worse than that now... I see the same as reported here:
   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2010/06/04/msg012274.html

I worked around it by doing this:
  cd /usr/pkgsrc/devel/imake
  X11_TYPE=modular bmake install
and then was able to build other things that depend upon imake without
X11_TYPE=modular.

 - Tim