Re: updating COMPAT_LINUX for linux 2.6.x support.

["Followup-To:" nach gmane.os.netbsd.devel.packages gesetzt.]
rudolf <netbsd%eq.cz@localhost> schrieb:
> If the Linux kernel version used in the distribution is a vital
> criterion, then CentOS (RHEL) 5.x seems as most usable to me (for
> including as pkgsrc package). The 5.x releases are using the 2.6.18
> Linux kernel, which is the same version we want to target (list email id
><20100604201848.GB417%spathi.chuq.com@localhost>) and the support for
>security-
> and bug-fixes should last until March 31, 2014
> (http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/errata/).

In any case, I'd be glad if there were at least the possibility to
semiautomatically replace freetype of whatever distribution will
be used by a version with bytecode interpreter and perhaps subpixel
rendering compiled in, which, AFAIK, isn't the case with RH, at
least.

Regards,

Dennis den Brok