Re: buildlink3.mk, BUILD_DEPENDS and DEPENDS

 >> Build dependencies caused by inclusion of buildlink3.mk files do
 >> not alter BUILD_DEPENDS variable, only DEPENDS is affected.
 >> Can anybody explain why?

> Well, I don't think anybody can, considering it is not true.
> BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD in a bl3.mk can be set to either full or build.

> I'd expect that to be documented, but I don't care enough to check.  It
> doesn't resist a grep for BUILD_DEPENDS in mk/buildlink3 anyway.

BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.<pkg> is documented and works as expected.  The
problem is that BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.<pkg>=full changes DEPENDS variable
but not BUILD_DEPENDS (BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.<pkg>=build works fine). I
meant that if it changed both DEPENDS and BUILD_DEPENDS it'd be easier
to optimize bulk builds (recursive rebuild due to change in non-library
packages).

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.