PKGREVISION bumps?

Hi,

Just curious - when I fix little things to make a package build on a specific OS or architecture, I don't increment PKGREVISION. My reasoning is that if the change didn't change anything for other OSes or architectures, and if the package didn't build on the OS/arch which is/are affected, then nobody cares about the distinction - other people don't need to rebuild and the people with the problem never had a package installed anyway.

I bring this up because lang/perl updates take AGES because of all the things which depend on Perl. I see the last fix was just to fix Solaris on SPARC, and nothing else, yet PKGREVISION was updated, so any automated system or anyone who doesn't take the time to look at the commit logs would think it needs to be updated.

What's the concensus on this?

Thanks,
John