Re: Importing PHP 5.3.2

In message
<226316B3E1F749498E28ACA66321D5BA0278F9CC08%oma00cexmbx03.corp.westworlds.com@localhost>
        on Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:03:33 -0500,
        "Larson, Timothy E." <TELarson%west.com@localhost> wrote:
>> * php5 and php53 couldn't be installed at the same time.
>
> (Disclaimer: I haven't followed PHP development for a couple years now.)  Why
> not just update php5 to 5.3.2?  Are there significant changes that would make
> keeping the two branches distinct a better idea?

There are several difference in:

1. language specification

   * There are several changes which might need user to change their
     PHP codes.  So, existence of selectable two PHP release makes PHP
     user to happy.
   * Several extentions are added and dropped.

2. library API

   * Some PHP extensions dosen't build with PHP 5.3.2 because of
     library API changes.

Best regards.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca%back-street.net@localhost>