Re: Getting rid of catpages from pkg_install

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 03:46:13PM +0000, Julio Merino wrote:
>> I've seen that pkg_install provides catpages and installs them
>> unconditionally, but that's suboptimal because the pregenerated
>> manpages contain, e.g., headers that are not suitable for all systems
>> or formatting guidelines that are inconsistent with the rest of the
>> system.  I want to only install the catpages if needed and skip them
>> for all platforms with mdoc support. (*)
>
> Please just leave this alone. At some point in the near future I will
> kill cat pages in general.

I would like to fix the paths to PKG_DBDIR once overridden through
configure so that the values in the manpages point to the real
setting.  But, if I mark them up with .Pa, then the replacement
doesn't work.  Any way I'd do that?  Just kill the "bold" formatting
from the .cat pages for now?

--
Julio Merino