Re: Make PKG_DBDIR tunable through pkg_install.conf

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:41:56PM +0000, Julio Merino wrote:
>> The attached patch kinda does this.  It's pretty late so I haven't
>> really looked at the tiny details, but I feel it's "good enough" to
>> hear comments.
>>
>> So, comments? :-)
>
> I don't like it. I don't mind the idea, but I don't agree with the
> implementation. Thanks for giving me so much time to review it.
> *sigh*

Meh.  It looks like I shouldn't be doing NetBSD stuff late at night...
 The thing is I got some private comments saying "yay!" since the
email, so I cleaned this up a little bit today and submitted it.

I'm open to adjusting the implementation.  Why do you think it's bad
and how'd you do it?  I guess some homogenization between all the
tools would be good, given that all of them should have the exact same
behavior for locating the pkgdb -- which affects the the -K flag,
PKG_DBDIR environment variable, the PKG_DBDIR configuration variable
and the default value (in that order).  But, for starters, I tried to
disrupt the current code as less as possible given that there is no
easy way to test it.

Thanks,

--
Julio Merino