Re: proposed patches for bmake (Interix and Haiku)

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:39:50 +0900, David Holland
<dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 11:16:57PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
For Haiku, remain one problem, lack of ar.h,
no ARMAG, SARMAG and struct ar_hdr definitions, then failed to compile arch.c.

Detect the presence and define them otherwise.

Honestly, I don't know for what it is used...
Is there any lack of ar.h platform supported by pkgsrc?

There's a historical misfeature in make to let it inspect the
timestamps of the contents of ar files in order (I guess) to
selectively replace members.

My recommendation would be to disable the feature when ar.h is missing
and see if anything breaks; I'll be surprised if anything much does.

It seems that bmake only support BSD style long filename, not for GNU style,
So maybe something already happened on Linux if something using the feature.

Now, I can build bmake on Haiku with the approach suggested by Joerg.
I'll send patches to sjg@.

Thanks!

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)