Re: "libiconv" package doesn't build under Solaris

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 07:18:06PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 05:41:51PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > The rules there seem to make a libiconv.la and then rename libiconv.so to
> > preloadable_libiconv.so, getting around your observation above.
>
> I'd suggest to just merge the different platform rules for now and do
> exactly that OR disable the preload stuff for now.

It turns out that at least the Solaris/GCC case can easily be fixed
by not using "libtool". My guess that the old "libtool" just didn't
understand what it was supposed to do and simply passed all the
options to "gcc". And that works absolutely fine.

This unfortunately fixes only one out of six eventually broken
combinations (Linux, OSF1 and Solaris with GCC/other compiler)
but it is a start.

        Kind regards