Re: fix buildlinking or bump BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.startup-notification?

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 06:57:24PM +0000, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 08:02:06AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
[...]
> Is there perhaps a way to conditionally include the xcb
> buildlinks based on the installed s-n version?

That'd be hackish.

> I take responsibility for breaking this. However, I'm
> only going to fix it if I know I won't get complaints
> about the fix.

Then you won't fix it, because one way or another some people won't be
happy :-)

It's not a new problem, it comes up every now and then, notably when
there are updates to X.Org pacakges that have a good enough version
in the host system.  The last time I discussed it with Joerg, all I got
was a shrug and a mumble about not updating all possible packages.

I think the right way to do that would be to include the bl3.mk file
into the binary pacakge so that pkgsrc can use information from the
installed package and not the one in-tree.  But it is a rather complex
task and I'm not sure the way the bl3.mk files currently work can be
translated into such a scheme very easily.

And if I tell you that it is the right way to fix it, you'll reply
something along the lines of "hell, no, I only care about this pacakge"
and I wouldn't really be able to blame you...

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost