Re: Broken shared libraries in OS X

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Julio Merino <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After the recent libtool upgrade, I cannot build shared libraries any
> more in OS X 10.5 (both intel and ppc).  I've been looking at this for
> a while and found that configuring libtool *without* the pkgsrc
> wrappers results in:
[...]

Alright, found the problem.

The f2c-f77 script uses gcc as the precompiler.  But that breaks
miserably when CPP is set to gcc, because running gcc, even in
precompilation mode on a .F file, will result in an error saying that
fortran is not supported.  This happens both in OS X and in NetBSD.
However, the problem does not appear in NetBSD because CPP=cpp,
whereas in OS X is something along the lines of CPP=gcc -E.

Making f2c-f77 use cpp directly on OS X fixes the issue.

See attached patch; will submit later.  I'm not sure if the
PKGREVISION changes are good enough.

--
Julio Merino