Re: mailman and binary paths

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 07:27:27 +0900, Filip Hajny <filip%joyent.com@localhost>
wrote:

On 7.12.2009, at 12:06, OBATA Akio wrote:

I'm not using mailman, but for POSTFIX_*, users may edit
${PREFIX}/lib/mailman/Mailma/mm_cfg.py as
described in share/doc/mailman/mailma-install.*.
Now, not postfix related tools in USE_TOOLS, so we may check paths for suck
tools in mailman/Makefile
(check builtin or use ${PREFIX}/...) and replace those paths with SUBST.

Yes, I know, my point is that we typically take great precautions to not
hardcode path assumptions into default packages, which is not the case here
(even though the NetBSD majority gets out lucky here). I'm personally only
concerned about Solaris, which of course doesn't come with Postfix/Lynx. I'm
fine changing the config file,

No objection to replace hardcode paths in packages.
But if replaced with just ${PREFIX}/..., current builtin postfix users must
adjust their mm_cfg.py, or silently broken.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is currenty no mechanism to check built-in
options for packages like Postfix or Lynx.

Yes.

For HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND, DEFAULT_CONVERT_HTML_TO_PLAINTEXT = Yes in
Defaults.py.in,
so it should be replaced with correct path and depend on lynx, or
should be patched DEFAULT_CONVERT_HTML_TO_PLAINTEXT to No.

I'd tend to disable rather than pull in Lynx as dependency.

Or introduce optional option for select HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND (lynx, w3m,
or ?),
then replace HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND with the selected command and depend on
it,
or replace DEFAULT_CONVERT_HTML_TO_PLAINTEXT to No if no selection.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost