Re: python31 for pkgsrc

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 01:58:17PM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Here is a patch for lang/python which I used so I could install
> > py31-readline (it worked for me). Testers would be appreciated. I tested
> > like:

I now also tested on CentOS Linux (because couldn't find python3
anywhere). (By the way, it would be really cool if pkgsrc could generate
a rpm specification.)

> I don't think the default accepted should include Python 3.1. That does
> not make much sense.

Okay. I was doing that for testing.

So for now to use it, it means once individual packages are proven okay,
then need to add "31" to them. Since I think most don't define
PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED specificly, then it will need to add whole
list.

I will add my python31 to pkgsrc and some python/*mk patches to pkgsrc
soon this week.

Also I may make a meta package so I can test installing many py modules.