lua modules

Hi all,

while going through some Lua packages in both pksgrc and pkgsrc-wip, I've noticed there is an annoying inconsistency in the way how modules are installed. Seems to me the standard (more recent?) way is to include lang/lua/module.mk and then use ${LUA_CDIR} and ${LUA_LDIR} for installation. This means lua can find e.g. shared libs on its own, too.

Some packages still install directly under ${PREFIX}/lib/lua though, and then imply you mangle your ENV to let lua pick the lib up. Is there any reason at all not do change these the packages to use module.mk and standard LUA_CDIR/LUA_LDIR paths?

Regards,

Filip

--
Filip Hajny