Re: Getting rid of binary package subdirs?

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Adam Hoka wrote:
Because no one manually browses ftp in 21. century.

That's one opinion, we've seen others already.

We have pkg_install and lately pkgin to fulfill this.

pkg_install? You mean as in pkg_add? How does that help when I e.g. want to install all games?

And for pkgin... I've never used that, and the pkgsrc guide doesn't mention it.

I'd like to recommend you work on a fully working (= and documented) version before you disable something that doesn't hurt anyone.

At least I think our users deserve this level of comfort.

I do not see any comfort in your suggestion, but the contrary.

 - Hubert