RE: Getting rid of binary package subdirs?

On Wed, September 16, 2009 10:19 am, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
>>   I'm all for it.  To ease transition, we should add an All -> .
>> symlink for the next 1-2 branches.
>>
>>   Is anyone using the category subdirectories?
>
> I use them as a handy way to scan what packages in a certain category are
> available.  But if an index page were generated with a full list,
> including categories and sortable, that would be even more convenient.

This may already be the plan, but having all the binaries in a directory
next to that index would be nice; I'd hate to have to scroll through
roughly 8000 packages to find the index.htm or index.txt or whatever that
tells me what's where.  Especially if there's multiple indexes in the
future - machine readable, or with longer descriptions, or whatever.