Re: glib2 syntax error

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 03:50:23PM +0200, Zafer Aydo?an wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I tried to update glib2 today,
> but during configure, I get this error:

> checking for fd_set... yes, found in sys/types.h
> checking whether realloc (NULL,) will work... yes
> checking for nl_langinfo (CODESET)... yes
> checking for a compliant posix_memalign() implementation... yes
> checking for OpenBSD strlcpy/strlcat... yes
> checking for an implementation of va_copy()... yes
> checking for an implementation of __va_copy()... yes
> checking whether va_lists can be copied by value... yes
> checking for dlopen... yes
> checking for dlsym... yes
> rm: .libs/plugin.o: No such file or directory
> rm: plugin.lo: No such file or directory
> rm: plugin.loT: No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/crt0.o: In function `___start':
> : undefined reference to `main'
> checking for RTLD_GLOBAL brokenness... no
> checking for preceeding underscore in symbols... no
> checking for dlerror... yes
> checking for dlopen(NULL, 0) brokenness... yes
> checking for the suffix of module shared libraries... eval: 1: Syntax
> error: Unterminated quoted string

That sounds like an unrecognised binary file being executed.  IIRC the
kernel ends up trying a shell on it, hence the error.

So I'd say the configure script compiles something incorrectly, or tries
to execute troublesome files it found on your system (like a linux
binary when you don't have COMPAT_LINUX or something like that).

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost