Re: URL scheme for Sourceforge

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:47:58 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:08:22AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
>> URL scheme for Sourceforge had been changed?
>>
>> I set jaist.dl.sourceforge.net, but always failed to fetch, and redirected to
>> downloads.sourceforge.net with marked as failed at jaist,
>> and redirected to another mirror with another URL scheme.
>> (some mirrors may still accept old scheme though)
>> Should we rewrite MASTER_SITES using MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE?
>
> I would suggest to open a ticket at sourceforge and ask them what the
> prefered fetching mechanism is... E.g. if the default downloads.sf.net
> redirection is using GeoIP, that makes it a sensible default for us too.

My point of view is not there.

SourceForge replace File Release System and it support hierarchical,
and existing files were automatically converted to new hierarchical with simple
rule.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/sourceforge/2009/07/22/file-release-system-frs-update-complete-2009-07-22/
ex.
 old: http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mecab/mecab-0.97.tar.gz
 new: http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mecab/mecab/0.97/mecab-0.97.tar.gz

It seems that downloads.sourceforge.net still redirect old scheme to new one
now,
but I don't know when this will be over.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost