Re: The pkgsrc-2009Q2 Branch

> The list of platforms supported by pkgsrc is AIX, BSD/OS, Darwin (Mac
> OS X), DragonFly BSD, FreeBSD, HP/UX, IRIX, Interix, Linux, NetBSD,
> OSF1, OpenBSD, QNX and SunOS (Solaris). ÂWe are aware that support for
> some platforms is at a more mature stage than others, and would like
> to encourage feedback from users and developers on our more esoteric
> platforms.

What is the standard way to start using pkgsrc on Tru64 UNIX (OSF1) with gcc?
Almost all versions of gcc are built (bootstrapped) under Tru64. And
pkgsrc/bootstrap/bootstrap script with --compiler gcc and right
CC/CXX/CPP envs succeeds. But when trying to install anything the
circular dependancy appears. pkgsrc doesn't want to use external gcc,
so it tries to build the one from lang/gcc but fails because it
depends on pkgtools/digest and so on.

When using Compaq CC everything is just find. The only problem is that
not much packages are compiled with it. I expect much more with gcc.

Thanks.

Alexey Lebedev.