Re: case sensitivity (was: Re: A sad case)

Hello Roland and tech-pkg@,

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 10:47:37PM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> The magic word here is "consistency". Almost everything in pkgsrc is
> case sensitive.
>
> [...]
>
> The former list is much larger than the latter, and it is easier to make
> programs deal with things from the former list, too.

I completely agree with you Roland.

It's easier for developers and users.

If a user will be perplexed about it we always have a man page, a
wiki, various IRC channels and a complete guide about pkgsrc.
However, I think it will be pretty improbable: I didn't try the new
pkg_add(1) yet but if it prints a message like the license
PKG_FAIL_REASON the user will just copy the LICENSE as is without any
problem.

Ciao, Leonardo
--
 Leonardo Taccari | Peace, love and NetBSD. | http://leot.altervista.org/