Re: USE_DESTDIR broken on packages without PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:24:08AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
        I have USE_DESTDIR=yes set in mk.conf to make PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT
        aware packages build using destdir. This is now failing for
        packages without PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT.
        Is there a different way of doing this now?

(/pkgsrc/databases/pear-MDB2_Driver_pgsql)54# make
WARNING: [license.mk] Every package should define a LICENSE.
ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
ERROR: USE_DESTDIR must be either ``yes'' or ``no''
*** Error code 1

(/pkgsrc/databases/pear-MDB2_Driver_pgsql)55# make show-var VARNAME=USE_DESTDIR
yes

That's a bug introduced on Sunday -- I just committed a fix for it.

        Great - thanks!

        Actually *almost* all of the packages I need seem to
        have PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT. Is there a switch that can be
        set that forces destdir usage (and breaks the build of
        packages which do not support it?) Something we can
        encourage developers to set :)