Re: Failures of some gnome packages (linkage, -ldb4)

> On 26/04/2009, at 12:47 AM, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

 >> These failures happen because at build time there is no db4 library
 >> (no
 >> inclusion of bdb.buildlink.mk) but -ldb4 is mentioned in libeel-2.la
 >> against which linkage is made.

> If the package directly links against libdb4, it should include its
> buildlink.mk!  Have you tried including bdb.buildlink.mk to see if it
> works then?

Of course adding bdb.buildlink.mk fixes the problem, but I'm not sure
this is a correct fix because these packages don't need db4 directly.
-ldb4 comes from...(long way)... python2.5.

Can those who maintain GNOME packages explain why libgnome-desktop-2.la
contains -ldb4? The real problem is probably here.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.