Re: binutils update?

Tim Zingelman wrote:
It seems that the devel/binutils in CURRENT is 2.17 which was released in 2006. Are there major difficulties caused by updating this package?
which seem to be fixed by updating to the latest binutils 2.19.1.

Oh great :-( version 2.19.1 is an official release that is newer than 2.19.50 which is a snapshot. Sigh.

Looks like I'll have to update pkg/39602.

I don't suppose anyone knows how people get notified of binutils releases? The official mailing lists for binutils don't have an announce list.

Cheers
--
Lloyd Parkes
Systems Consultant