Re: enforcing pkgsrc/category/$PKGBASE

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Roland Illig wrote:

David Brownlee schrieb:
    Wouldn't it be nice if each package was always in a directory
    which matched the $PKGBASE. It would make it much easier and
    quicker for tools (and people) to map back and forth between
    them, and also allow us to (potentially) cleanup the DEPENDS
    format:

            DEPENDS+= www/p5-Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader>=0.19

This is exactly what I had in mind for some months, but never dared to
suggest. I think there are enough packages to justify this additional
format.

        In case everything *except* the py-* and similar packages should
        be using it.

        rather than the current rather ugly:

            DEPENDS+=
p5-Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader>=0.19:../../www/p5-Catalys
t-Plugin-ConfigLoader

And even this ugly case can be shortened a bit. The "../../" should be
optional. It doesn't provide any value.

        Agreed. Theoretically it allows us to put packages one, three or
        more levels deep, but even then we should be able to normalise
        the path back to PKGSRCDIR before procssing the DEPENDS...