Re: CONF_FILES and directories

On 10.2.2009, at 15:20, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 03:07:22PM +0100, Filip Hajny wrote:

Thanks, Joerg. The docs seemed to suggest that CONF_FILES would
automagically all its stuff. I'll explicitly create the nested entries
now.

What documentation have you been reading? It should be fixed.

Just the standard one:

http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/pkginstall.html#conf-files

I think it's this part that made me believe everything will be handled automatically:

"Once the required configuration files are in place (i.e., under the examples hierarchy), the pkginstall framework can use them as master copies during the package installation to update what is in $ {PKG_SYSCONFDIR}. To achieve this, the variables CONF_FILES and CONF_FILES_PERMS are used."

IMO it should be updated to explain that this applies only to files immediately in the ${EGDIR} and that any subdirectories thereunder need to be created explicitly using MAKE_DIRS.

--
Filip Hajny