Re: Solaris packages not working quite right

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 04:56:22AM +0000, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> In my defence, I seem to remember that the SVR4 packages have a pre
> and post install and de-install, and at the time, we didn't have all
> of those in pkgsrc.  I then stopped working with Solaris, and so
> gensolpkg fell by the wayside.  If there's someone who would like to
> take up its maintenance, please just say - it would be great to have
> it looked after properly.

They should also have a 'request' script - which is the one that
is supposed to ask the questions (IIRC that is).

Interesting you get asked whether you want to run the pre/post install
scripts (as root) but not the request script - which can do anything
to your system!
(Unless sun have fixed/broken these since I last used them.)

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost