make: Unclosed variable specification for

G'day,

I'm getting this after synchronizing system and pkgsrc source tree as of
4-Jan-2009 and installation of new userland and kernel. It prevents me from
building net/avahi needed for vlc-0.98a. After googling, I found that it was
reported earlier here

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2008/12/30/msg006939.html

but failed to find a fix. Has this been resolved?

Sysinfo: NetBSD-5.99.5 on I386 Dell Inspiron 9400 Laptop.

cheerio Berndt