Re: [joerg%netbsd.org@localhost: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/nbpatch]

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 01:01:31AM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >> > On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:09:40PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >>  >> How about
 >>  >>    pkg/39694 [serious/medium]: bsd.prog.mk under Interix-3.5
 >>
 >> > You should have something like TOOLS_PLATFORM.install in your mk.conf?
 >>
 >> This PR is not about use of bmake with pkgsrc packages but about
 >> standalone bmake use.
 >>
 >> Within pkgsrc packages installation works fine but it doesn't when I
 >> use bmake for my own projects outside pkgsrc.

> The install-sh script should be installed and bmake should use that by
> default.
Under Interix install-sh is install correctly and is used within pkgsrc
just fine. Again, I'm talking about different problem.
Path to the correct (correct for pkgsrc) install script is set in bsd.pkg.mk.

I'm talking about _autonomous_ usage of bmake like the following.

  0 tmp>cat Makefile
  PROG=   hello
  SRCS=   main

  .include <bsd.prog.mk>

  0 tmp>bmake
  gcc -D_ALL_SOURCE  -Werror  -D_ALL_SOURCE -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/ssl/include -c main.c
  gcc  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib  -o hello main.o

  0 tmp>bmake install PREFIX=/usr/local
  /bin/install.sh   -c -s   -o Cheusov -g 1049089 -m 555 hello /hello
  bmake: exec(/bin/install.sh) failed (No such file or directory)
  *** Error code 1

  Stop.
  bmake: stopped in /dev/fs/D/Interix/home/Cheusov/tmp

  1 tmp>

This is because corrupted INSTALL variable from sys.mk is in action.
I hope now it's clear.

With suggested patch pkgsrc is bootstrapped fine.

> Simple reason is that it depends to a certain degree on the
> interface. I don't know how broken Interix's install is, but others are
> very broken.
I know. /bin/install in Interix-3.5  doesn't support -d option, for example.
But see above.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.