Re: multi-variant packages and bulk builds

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:04:29AM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> This addition just makes pkgsrc external API more functional and
> universal. As I already said it is trivial for me to list/hardcode
> python/php/apache special variables inside
> distbb (share/distbb/distbb.mk) just like pbulk did.

You seem to have a misconception of what "hard-coding" means.
pbulk itself doesn't care at all about the list, it just calls a target
in the infrastructure to find out what packages are available.

Keeping the list of enumeration variables in one place in IMO much
preferable as this list is constant and means that filtering logic can
be done in one place. So this *is* done in pkgsrc.

Joerg