Re: pkg_comp hiccups on 4.99.64 ("Device busy")

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Dennis den Brok
<d.den.brok%uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:
> With pretty recent -current, pkg_comp now very often complains
> about busy devices when umount'ing the directories null-mounted to
> its chroot. This didn't happen before on NetBSD 4.0. Not sure if
> this counts as a regression, however I think either -current or
> pkg_comp should be fixed accordingly.

I have also noticed this here, and I think it is a bug in the kernel.

This problem used to exist pre-4.0 (or even pre-3.0, I don't remember)
and is the reason behind the SYNC_UMOUNT configuration variable (or
whatever it is called).  However, I recently noticed that this
variable does not do the correct job in current versions of pkg_comp
because the code does the sync after the unmount, which is incorrect.
Try to reverse this in the code and use the variable; you should be
able to workaround the problems.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost>