Re: doxygen changes, PLIST, and doxygen required level

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008, Greg Troxel wrote:
Given all this, I think we should treate doxygen like a library, and
have a buildlink3.mk file for it, with default to build-depends only,
and a required ABI variable, defaulting to the latest version that
changed the ABI (as viewed above).  Because this is build only, we don't
need recursive PKGREVISION bumps.

This still leaves all the packages that install doxygen-generated files
needing fixing, but I don't see a way around that work without dynamic
PLIST generation.

We have control over what's in pkgsrc, and what gets installed.
If we need a newer version for proper functionality, require it being installed. I wouldn't try to support all old versions, if such changes as you describe are needed.

My $0.05.

 - Hubert