Re: distbb: new helpful feature

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >>  Some packages such as festival requires gcc-3 and some OSes
 >>  provides more than one compiler, e.g. gcc-4.2 and gcc-3.4.
 >>  Currently pkgsrc (bulk build and pbulk) don't provide a way
 >>  to use two compilers AFAIK.
 >>
 >> distbb solution (with comments) is below.

> My gut feeling is that this shouldn't be specific to the bulk build
> code, but also used in the generic pkgsrc build framework.

May be. But distbb allows to implement features not implemented in
pkgsrc in an easy way ;) Building stages and building options
can be set per package now. Also user can create distbb.local.mk
for implementing things absent in pkgsrc.

For obvious reasons everything in distbb is implemented outside pkgsrc
sources and I don't think mk/bulk and mk/pbulk are good things ;-)
IMHO pkgsrc base functionality should be separated from bulk builds tools.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.