Re: teTeX-bin: pdftex/pdflatex

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 09:46:00AM -0400, Jim Wise wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>
> >> Maybe send-pr this if you notice where your problem is.
> >
> >As they are dynanically generated, they can't be in the pkgdb.
>
> If they are not in the pkgdb, they get missed by buildlink.
>
> Other packages which install symlinks register them normally.  Why can't
> teTeX3?

Please read again what I say. They are created at installation time and
removed again at pre-deinstall. As such they can't be listed in pkgdb.
Whether or not it is possible to statically generate it is a different
question, but I think that doesn't work with the way tex is supposed to
be used.

Joerg