Re: pkg_add and remote packages

> One way to greatly simplify the code is to just fetch the package to
> /var/tmp or whatever and install it afterwards like a local package.
> This does increase the temporary space used, but as the next step in the
> evolution will switch to inplace extraction, that is only temporary.
> It also makes it easy to provide a local cache directory.
I vote for option for local caching _without_ inplace extraction
"evolution".  I personally dislike 'fetch to stdout | tar -xf-' way of
package installation I've found in BSD and Interix.

Keeping packages in a local cache gives ability to reget, check
checksums, pgp signs etc. HDD is cheap and is not a problem _for me_.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.