Re: Tentative "fix" for "pkg_info -E" problem

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 05:00:06PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 08:55:12PM +0000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
The following patch allows me to do the following on NetBSD-3.1 with
a current pkgsrc:
How does it deal with programs embedding PKG_INFO etc?
I would suggest to fix it by introducing a pkg_install phase before
bootstrap-depends. It installs pkg_install alone (or updates it?) and
afterwards calls a recursive make similiar to the barrier stuff.
Alternatively we just set the pkg_install prefix to ${PREFIX} if
pkg_install is outdated and in NetBSD base. What do you think?
It should still register as a bootstrap dependency, but that would be a
noop.

Patch for this approach is attached. Please test this.

Please see the following error log:

    http://www.netbsd.org/~jlam/mousetar.log

This is a virgin NetBSD-3.1 installation with a current pkgsrc checkout with your patch applied. I have:

    LOCALBASE=          /usr/pkg
    PKG_DBDIR=          ${LOCALBASE}/.pkgdb
    PKG_SYSCONFBASE=    /etc/pkg
    VARBASE=            /var/pkg